upbeat instrumental

Wednesday, February 24, 2016

through the fog









i can't see,
can't behold that illustrious, fluctuation of past and present,
or that inadequate representation of something not worth trying for.

i don't know how i'm gonna survive,
this emptiness, this misconception, this loss of vision for what is really important

is that really me,
is that really me staring straight ahead right back at me through the fog.
am i really that short, that stone cold, that unclear.

unclear of the future, of what i want to do, of who i want to be
maybe that's why i can't see myself
i can't see what i look like, i can't see how i portray myself.
i can't perceive the person i have become, who i have become.

it's all foggy now........

i don't know what to think,
i'm thinking irrationally,
i don't know what it is that i want

i've got to find a way to clear this fog.

see through the fog,

pierce the fog.

that's the only way,
the only option

through the fog


(thanks for reading)

-David Charleston

4 comments:

  1. "am I really that short, that stone cold, that unclear." #stolen I like the whole idea of this. Unreal writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "pierce the fog"
    in a way I think we're all trying to break through our own fog. beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "pierce the fog."

    This post made me feel empowered. Time to pierce the fog. This was all great to hear.

    ReplyDelete