upbeat instrumental

Thursday, February 18, 2016

just give me time


just give me time........

in time i'll be accomplish that goal
succeed in that sport,
wash the windows to my clouded soul with spot-free soap,

in time i'll be able to read that book,
write that much more profoundly,
quit my irrevocable habit of being a constant know-it-all

in time i'll be less prideful,
more succinct in my thinking,
more compassionate.....yes that's something i need to work on

in time i'll give you something to witness
something to set on your shelf and look at time and time again
i'll be something,
someone worthy of your notice

just give me time........

in time i'll correct that last wrong
i'll change
change into someone caring, sympathetic, and true
i'll be able to listen, not just speak about myself

in time it'll all change,
for the better i promise
in time i'll be someone worth falling for
someone who you know you can trust
i'll be that person you can lean on,
in those times of distress

don't give up one me,
please, not just yet
cuz i'll get there someday

please,

just give me some time.........

until next time,

david charleston

2 comments:

  1. same, i really like this, and i really like the way you write

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post. If I could literally buy time, I would buy you as much as you wanted. I'd like to buy everyone a bit more time.

    This post reminded me of one of my favorite books called "The Timekeeper" by Mitch Albom. It gave me a much better perspective on time and was a good reminder the time is something created entirely by man and that it's easy to get caught up in it. I think you would really enjoy it! Let me know if you end up getting it, it's a beautiful read.

    ReplyDelete