upbeat instrumental

Wednesday, April 6, 2016

the upshot of David Charleston

Upshot: the final or eventual outcome; the conclusion or result of a discussion or series of events.

This is the upshot of David Charleston...
I have thought about this post for weeks, never knowing exactly what to say, 
What I wanted to say. 
I have nothing to say

I have nothing profound to say, 
Not a pithy saying, 
Not a clever riddle, 
Nor a well-versed poem. 

I have been verbose in my writing all throughout this semester, yet now, 
I can't think of how to do this. 

I guess it's because I'm scared. 
Scared is not strong enough a word to describe what I am feeling. 
I have been frightened, no terrified of this post. 

I feel like I need to give you guys something inspiriational, 
Something meaningful, 
Something to make you think,
Or something that makes you inhale sharply, or exhale slowly....
But I have nothing, nothing more than the truth
The raw, ugly truth.

The truth is that I'm not David Charleston. 
I'm not a character in a fictional novel. 
I don't have his depth. 
I don't have his heart. 
I don't have his deep soul. 
I don't have his experience or his ability to learn from his mistakes. 

I make mistakes, then I make them again and again. 
I misread situations. 
I don't understand, when the truth is obvious, staring me in the face. 
I have a short memory, and most of my problems are self-inflicted. 

I am not David Charleston. 
But...
I am 100% real. 
Everything I've posted about over this semester is 100% real. 
Completely the truth. 

This is the upshot of David Charleston: 

My name is Tanner Klein. 
And thanks for reading my blog and commenting. 
It means a lot. 
Please continue to stick with me. 

Thanks. 

In case you don't know me, 
Here's a selfie:


12 comments:

  1. YOOO you're seriously one of the kindest people I know, and I don't even personally know you. I've just heard/noticed the acts of kindness you do and have done for others and I've always looked up to you for that. You rule.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhhh, v happy to know who you are now. Everything you've written has always been so thought-invoking and real and I've absolutely enjoyed reading it. I hope this isn't the end. (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog has been one of my favorites! Your posts are always exactly how I feel and you're writing is so good, nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice to re-meet you. ive loved your posts, i hope you keep writing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You were one of my fav blogs!!! Good job:) you're the best!

    ReplyDelete
  6. so real. so good! hey tanner! happy i read your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're male. And a good blogger. That's not easy to do.

    "I misread situations."
    For some reason, that line is really hitting me right now. Good, honest reveal. Thanks for taking this whole thing seriously Tanner.

    ReplyDelete
  8. you are kinda quiet in class, but i like that, and it's cool to see your reveal, you did a great job. you're a cool guy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This was really really good! I love how your name wasn't real but everything that was hidden with that name was. David is just as real as tanner

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes this is great, I like your blog a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello! I'm not sure if I have already told you this or not but I really really love your blog URL. It's great to meet you (:

    ReplyDelete