upbeat instrumental

Thursday, March 10, 2016

pīnati me te tangata




when i was 6 i read harry potter for the first time,
when i was 7 i learned to lie, 
when i was 10 i learned that my parents weren't going to be able to protect me forever,
when i was 12 i had my first kiss,
when i was 13 i was popular
i don't remember much from my fourteenth year,
when i was 15 i got grounded for 2 months for something i didn't do

sophomore and junior years passed by in a blur.....

now i'm eighteen...........
and i've learned that i am completely human. 

i make mistakes 
i get into deep _ _ _ _ sometimes
i fall asleep at my computer writing an essay that's due the following morning
i pushed away those who loved me, 
just to say that i got the grade.....

and here i am alone on a friday night, sitting; eating peanuts
man...these peanuts are good

i laugh and i love,
i get emotional when i'm sad, happy, or angry,
i wear my emotions on my sleeve
and i fly off the sleeve of my cuff
and my eye will focus on 50 things per second
and all the while wondering what i can do to be more human

there's something special about those summer nights,
when the trees are slightly swaying from the breeze that's just strong enough to keep you cool,
when the sunset hits the climax, and the intensity reflects the passion you feel for that person
when you look at the stars and contemplate who lowly, how insignificant you are compared to the vastness of the universe,

i, David Charleston, am purely, completely, and ultimately human.

and i love peanuts.

as always, 






5 comments:

  1. The part about falling asleep at the computer and wearing your emotions on your sleeve and the summer nights

    Mmmmm gold

    ReplyDelete
  2. "when the sunset hits the climax, and the intensity reflects the passion you feel for that person"

    #stolen

    ReplyDelete
  3. when the sunset hits the climax, and the intensity reflects the passion you feel for that person

    ReplyDelete
  4. and here i am alone on a friday night, sitting; eating peanuts
    man...these peanuts are good

    Little details in writing-- love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woah this is tender. I love the way you wrote about your different memories at different ages. And the sitting along thing, relatable.

    ReplyDelete