upbeat instrumental

Friday, March 18, 2016

hey guys, i get scared too


i know i act like i'm not afraid,
like i'm not scared, like i never get scared
i know i'm always the first one into the haunted house,
the one to kill the huge spider on the wall

i get it,
you're scared,
but guess what?
i'm scared too

i'm scared of being real, of letting my true self show,
because once i do that
there'll be no more barriers
nothing blocking you from seeing
my true self.
so i guess my real fear is rejection.
the fear that you won't like what you see
i'm afraid of rejection

i'm scared of beginnings
of something new,
yet, i'm also scared of endings,
the end of something great, something wonderful, something that can never be replaced

i'm scared of the truth
because the truth never lies,
so i lie to myself,
to protect myself from the truth.

anyone scared of cracks? no, david that's preposterous they say.
i'm scared of cracks,
scared of falling through the cracks,
i'm scared of being forgotten,
of being that person,
that nobody ever talks about

most of all, i'm scared of myself,
scared of that rage, that depression, that love
that foolhardy love
i'm scared of my shadow,
for it follows me everywhere i go,

and i'm scared of what it might see..................

i'm scared

6 comments:

  1. "i'm scared of being real"

    me too. yet im also scared of not being real

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm scared of beginnings
    of something new,
    yet, i'm also scared of endings

    Too relatable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "i'm scared of being real, of letting my true self show,
    because once i do that
    there'll be no more barriers
    nothing blocking you from seeing
    my true self."

    same, so true

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Scared of falling through the cracks, I'm scared of being forgotten, of being that person, that nobody ever talks about."

    This has got it be my favorite so far.

    ReplyDelete
  5. #same.
    Also, the fact you wrote this shows bravery and courage. I applaud that.

    ReplyDelete